Sunday, March 13, 2011

Grilled Lemon Herb Drumsticks

There may still be six inches of snow on the ground, but I am feeling Spring.  This weekend I decided Ben and I needed to grill up some chicken and flat bread.  I remembered THIS recipe from Sandra Lee.  I like her show but I never would have thought I'd make one of her dishes.  So time consuming and complex.  But when she told me I could use Pilsbury pizza dough to grill up a delicious flat bread I decided to giver her a try.  No regrets.

Here's the marinade ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup canola oil, plus oil for grate
  • 2 tablespoons grill seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley leaves
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil leaves
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary leaves
You just mix them all together and then spoon out a couple of tablespoons to reserve for the bread.  Put about 6 drumsticks in the mix and refrigerate it for a couple hours or a full day.  We didn't have basil and they were still really yummy, so I'd imagine missing out on any one of the herbs won't hurt the flavor.

The flat bread really is so easy to make and SO mouth watering good.  I just cut my pizza dough into quarters, brush both sides with the marinade and cook it on the grill for just a few minutes flipping once.

I cannot wait to pull our new grill out of the garage and fill the great out doors with the smoke that took over my house this afternoon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

view sourceprint? 01 09 10