Monday, March 21, 2011

Cowboy Cavier

My mom made this for Ben and I when she worked as our personal chef and maid.  Gotta love having a baby!  I've made it half a dozen times since.  We LoVe it! 

Cowboy Caviar

Combine:
1 can corn drained
1 can blackeyed beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
2 cans diced tomatoes w/ jalepeno chilies, drained
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped

Add:
1 pkg Italian dressing, mixed according to directions (I'm going for the less fat directions next time)

Toss and mix together as well as you can then chill all day (a couple hours will do)
Serve with fresh avocados and Tortilla chips

We like to squeeze a fresh lime over the mixture right before we add the avocados and serve.  The lime juice gives it an enjoyable little kick, and my mom thinks it helps the avocados stay fresh longer (since this is much more than the two of us can eat in one day).

No comments :

Post a Comment

view sourceprint? 01 09 10