Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Honey Glazed Chicken

I'm falling in love with Mel's Kitchen Cafe blog.  And so far I've only made THIS recipe.  Truthfully, it wasn't amazing . . . but it was really good.  So why am I in love?  She has SOOO much variety.  I've already added about ten of her recipes to my bookmark.  Ironically, this blog, which was meant to help me remove that bookmark, has actually just doubled it.  I never knew there were so many great recipe blogs out there.  Mel's might be my favorite, and she lives in Wisconsin.  If I only I knew where.

Credit where credit is due though, my friend Shar is the one that pointed me to the Kitchen Cafe and she did so with this very recipe.

It was easy.  Super easy.  It takes some time to cook so I had to start it early, but once it got going I had plenty of time to snuggle and play with Reid while it cooked.  Almost forgot to start the rice though.  Ooops!  But it all made it to the table, steaming and delish!


2 lbs of diced uncooked chicken breast
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
4 TB butter
1/4 cup honey
3 TB lemon juice
2 TB soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1.Heat oven to 350. In a shallow dish combine the flower and seasonings. Dip each piece of chicken in flour mixture and coat evenly.
2.Melt 2 TB butter in a shallow baking dish, large enough to accommodate chicken in a single layer. Arrange chicken in pan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
3.Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter and add honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger.
4.After chicken has baked the 30 minutes, turn each piece over and pour sauce mixture evenly over chicken. Bake another 30 to 40 minutes basting frequently.
5.Serve over rice. I usually double the sauce ingredients to make more to serve over the rice.  I didn't do this, though I did make 1 and 1/2 the sauce called for.  I just used it all as the glaze though.  I actually thought that was a little too much liquid, as my chicken didn't crust like the picture on Mel's blog.  Flavor wise though, it was a good amount. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

view sourceprint? 01 09 10