Friday, April 22, 2011

Dill Potatoes

*Alright,  I'm adding this to the gril category as well.  The next day we grilled the leftovers up and they were even better!

This is a simple potato recipe I made to use up some of our old dill.  I hate having fresh herbs go to waste, so I just googled dill potatoes and two recipes caught my eye.  One was dill and garlic, the other dill and parsley.  Well, I had garlic and parsley . . . so I decided to just adapt the two and make my own.  I crossed my fingers and VOILA!  It turned out great.

6 to 8 medium size potatoes, cut in half and then quartered (or whatever "bite size" you prefer).
3 Tbs melted butter
3 medium size garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tbs fresh dill, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

I just put the potatoe quarters in a pot and filled it with water, about an inch above the top of the potatoes.  I brought that to a boil and then let it boil for about 8 minutes (don't let them get mushy, like mashed potatoes, you want a bite on them).  I actually just pulled an average size quarter out and took a bite to see if I liked it's tender crunch.

Drain the potatoes, then return them to the pan to let them dry out.  Meanwhile, melt the butter and then mix all the chopped spices into the melted butter.  Now put the potatoes in your serving dish and pour the butter mixture on top, try to coat evenly (you may have to toss a little).

I then let the serving dish sit in the (off but) warm oven until dinner time.  This step isn't necessary, but I'm just letting you know how I did it cause they turned out wonderful.

Obviously you can leave out either the garlic or the parsley if you don't have them both, but I'm really glad I meshed the two recipes and created my own little flavor.  It was a yummy way to use up some herbs.

No comments :

Post a Comment

view sourceprint? 01 09 10